2KB Energy Services is an independent energy and environmental consulting firm based in midtown Atlanta. We are seeking an energetic Measurement and Verification Engineer who will provide technical expertise and help ensure our clients realize energy, water, and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) savings for energy efficiency and capital improvement projects. This role includes working in a close team environment monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
To be successful as a Measurement and Verification Engineer, the candidate will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be highly proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel), and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and/or at least three (3) years of relevant experience is preferred for consideration.
Under general supervision and guidance, a summary of the job tasks includes:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Gather site information including utility data, energy management system trend data, project site logs, and field service reports.
- Analyze and evaluate data to verify savings using spreadsheet-based energy calculation programs.
- Develop, produce, or assess Measurement & Verification reports.
- Schedule and perform M&V on-site inspections, report presentations, and customer training.
- Review contract and related documents to ensure understanding and compliance of company M&V obligations.
- As required, coordinate assistance with Operations & Maintenance (O&M) staff and service contractors.
- Assist project development teams in creating M&V protocols for new projects. Cultivate and foster customer relationships.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Support all office and administrative needs as necessary.
Measurement and Verification Engineer Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelor or Associates degree in business or related field of study.
- Three years’ experience in related field.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Some travel required, primarily in the southeast United States.